In Football, India’s First Ever International Tour – to Australia in 1938 – Part 3
Few Facts and Figures of the Tour:
10) 3rd Match
Venue: Showground, New South Wales
Opponent: New South Wales
Score: 4-6 (Loss to India)
11) New South Wales owed much to the brilliant goalkeeper McNabb, and but for him the Indians’ score could have been considerably higher.
12) McNabb spent such a busy afternoon as he did keeping out the shots which Lumsden and other Indian forwards bombarded him.
13) The outstanding scoring force in the Indian line was the inside right forward, A. Rahim.
14) A. Rahim who netted all his side’s goals, with the able assistance of the little left-winger, Prosad, only 5ft 3in in height and 7st 10lb in weight, and playing with only elastic socks to protect his feet…
15) The match was played from start to finish in a keen but sportsmanlike spirit.
16) 4th Match
Venue: Cessnock Sports Ground
Opponent: Northern Districts
HT Score: India 0 – 0 Northern Districts
Score: 1-2 (Loss to India)
Indian Scorer: Lumsden
17) The marking of the ground told against the Indians. It was considerably narrower than the limit they had stipulated on their arrival in Australia.
Info Courtesy: Australian Online Football Museum, Ozfootball.net